Read about the workshops and training we have offered recently.
Online workshop: Understanding and influencing future development on estates in Southwark
Together with Southwark Group of Tenants Organisation and Southwark Law Centre, we delivered an online workshop on future development on estates in Southwark. The workshop took place on the 25 March 2021. We discussed:
- Southwark Council's new policies for building on estates and how this might affect you
- Which estates are likely to experience rooftop development
- What your rights are as a tenant and/or resident
- What you can do to have a say in future development on your estate
- Following the workshop, we produced a handout that signposts where attendees can find further information. You can download the handout here.
- We are discussing to organise a next workshop on infill development on parks and other green space.
Online workshop: Having a say in new housing development in Thames Ward
- We agreed to hold a next meeting to further discuss how a resident planning forum should operate and what the priorities of the forum should be.
On the 21st of April, we joined Thames Ward Community Project and residents of Thames Ward to discuss how a resident planning forum could support people have a say in new development in the area. We discussed:
- How new housing development such as the Barking Riverside development have affected residents in Thames Ward
- What future development is planned for Thames Ward
- What people's rights are in the planning system and how they can use these
- How a resident planning forum might work