Read about the workshops and training we have done
We deliver tailored workshops on planning to community groups and residents, both online and face-to-face when possible. Do you want to know more about our training and workshop offer? Read more here.
Online workshop: Understanding and influencing future development on estates in Southwark
Together with Southwark Group of Tenants Organisation and Southwark Law Centre, we delivered an online workshop on future development on estates in Southwark. The workshop took place on the 25 March 2021. We discussed:
- Southwark Council's new policies for building on estates and how this might affect you
- Which estates are likely to experience rooftop development
- What your rights are as a tenant and/or resident
- What you can do to have a say in future development on your estate
- Following the workshop, we produced a handout that signposts where attendees can find further information. You can download the handout here.
- We are discussing to organise a next workshop on infill development on parks and other green space.
Online workshop: Having a say in new housing development in Thames Ward
On the 21st of April, we joined Thames Ward Community Project and residents of Thames Ward to discuss how a resident planning forum could support people have a say in new development in the area. We discussed:
- How new housing development such as the Barking Riverside development have affected residents in Thames Ward
- What future development is planned for Thames Ward
- What people's rights are in the planning system and how they can use these
- How a resident planning forum might work
- We agreed to hold a next meeting to further discuss how a resident planning forum should operate and what the priorities of the forum should be.
Online workshop: Community resilience and urban planning
In partnership with the British Red Cross Resilience Team, we delivered a workshop on planning and community resilience in Southwark. The workshop covered:
- The opportunities for resident engagement in the planning system.
- Concerns about urban planning and emergencies within people's communities.
- Potential actions and solutions that residents in Southwark can take.
Online workshop: How to respond to planning applications
On the 22nd of June, we were invited by the Friends of Burgess Park and the Wells Way Triangle Residents Association to deliver a workshop on how best to respond to live planning applications. We discussed:
- The opportunities for resident engagement in when multiple planning proposals are put forward.
- What materials considerations are.
- How you can use policies in the Local Plan when preparing an objection.