Events Calendar


Expanded services from Planning Aid for London

From June 2020 Planning Aid for London is expanding its free town planning advice and training services. A new website and online hub with resources explaining town planning matters and avenues to influence planning decisions for communities and individuals will be launched later this year. Long-term casework support for community groups seeking to influence development in their neighbourhoods will be available again from early next year. Priority will be given to communities currently underrepresented in planning decisions. Please see our press release here for more information. 

Contact Koen Rutten at to find out more about the new services, and follow @Planaidlondon for updates. To make an enquiry for planning advice, go to the query form here

The expanded services are created and delivered in partnership with the Town and Country Planning Association, with support from Trust for London

Planning Aid for London has been providing advice and training for individuals and communities in London for over 40 years.

Planning Aid for London offers a free advice and information service using our volunteers (qualified planners and legal specialists). 15 min advice is provided to those people who are affected by planning proposals or decisions and who do not have resources to pay for a planning advice.
You may qualify for this service if you meet one or some of the following requirements:
  • You do not own your own home.
  • The advice is not about your own planning application.
  • Your household's annual income before tax is less than £40,000.00 (we will need to see proof of your income).
  • You are not-for-profit organisation has funding of less than £30,000.00, or employs less than 1 full time person (or equivalent).
  • You are an individual starting up in business and have no links to other businesses and have no income other than benefits (we will need proof of this).
  • You need advice to safe a public facility, e.g. an open space or community building.
  • You receive benefits (we will need to see proof of your receipt of these benefits).
  • You are representing a tenant's organisation (with a minority of leaseholders).
Please register your request for advice using the form here