Developing a Community Plan
Developing a community plan or neighbourhood plan can help you understand and communicate to a council, developer or fellow residents what is needed in your area.
A neighbourhood plan, once adopted, is part of the development plan for your area: the local planning authority will have to consider the neighbourhood plan when making decisions. A community plan can help bring people together in the neighbourhood and build a coalition of local people.
We can support with:
- Knowing and understanding the needs and wishes in your community, and what planning can do to help realise these
- Setting up a community group and resident planning forum
- Presenting ideas and proposals for an area or site
- Knowing how decisions are made by the council and how you can influence these
- Working together with other community groups and networks
- Working in partnership with officers, councillors, public authorities and other organisations